Call for speakers for AIVC workshop - Bring your expertise on IAQ metrics – Deadline November 1, 2016
The Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC) is organising a workshop entitled "Is ventilation the answer to indoor air quality control in buildings? Do we need performance-based approaches?" to be held on 14-15 March 2017 in Brussels, Belgium.
Experts involved in the development of performance-based approaches for indoor air quality (IAQ) and associated metrics, are invited to submit a short description of their 20-min presentation on the workshop topics that follow:
- Factors that should influence IAQ assessment
- Is CO2 an indoor pollutant?
- The potential for, and limits of, CO2 based indices, humidity or moisture, health damage, perceived air quality, air mixing behaviour, and pollutant distribution within a space
- The potential for, and limits of, combined indices
- Definition and use of rating methods for smart ventilation, DCVs, natural ventilation, etc. (equivalent ventilation principle)
- Barriers to performance-based standards (showing evidence of compliance, accounting for sources, sensors and controls, time-activity patterns)
The deadline for the submission is November 1, 2016. Submissions should be in accordance with the template attached. Speakers will be notified of presentation acceptance by 1 December 2016. Registration fee is waived for speakers.
For additional information please visit the AIVC website at the link provided below.