The 2015 Component Award, organised by the Passive House Institute, focused on windows within the context of building refurbishments, particularly when old windows need to be replaced and the façade is to be insulated at a later time. In addition, the installation had to be shown in the case of simultaneous change of the windows and façade insulation.
The joint first prize of the Component Award 2015 went to:
- "Smartwin Compact S" by Lorber / Pro Passivhausfenster
- "System Connecta" by Optiwin
Two third prizes went to:
- "Energeto 8000 view" by Aluplast
- "Pural Eco 90" by Pural GmbH
Special acknowledgements were given to:
- "DWplus Integral" by Wiegand
- "Null-Fenster" by Fanzola
The 2015 Component Award is part of the EuroPHit project, co-funded by the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme of the European Union.
The awards will be presented on 17 April at the International Passive House Conference 2015 in Leipzig, Germany.
For further information, please visit the relevant EuroPHit website.