- improvements in market functioning and investment signals;
- market integration of renewables;
- linking retail and wholesale markets;
- reinforcing regional coordination of policy making between system operators and of infrastructure investments;
- the governance of the internal electricity market;
- a European dimension to security of supply.
See information on the relevant EC Communication here.
In a connected questionnaire, the Commission is also seeking stakeholders’ feedback on aspects of the security of Europe's electricity supply, which are not covered in the main consultation. This questionnaire explores in particular how national governments prevent and manage risks related to the security of the electricity supply, what roles and responsibilities should be taken on by which players, and how transparency and cross-border cooperation can be improved.
Both consultations close on 8 October 2015; stakeholders are invited to reply to both.
For further information or to submit feedback, please visit the relevant European Commission website: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/news/redesigning-europes-electricity-market-%E2%80%93-give-your-feedback