More than 40 new projects have been launched with a funding of about €96M under the Energy Efficiency Call for Proposals 2016 as part of Horizon 2020’s energy challenge for secure, clean and efficient energy for Europe.
The new projects aim at:
- helping vulnerable consumers;
- improving heating and cooling systems;
- reducing costs of nearly-zero energy buildings;
- developing solutions for heat recovery and thermal storage;
- investing in sustainable energy projects through innovative financing tools; and
- stimulating capacity building among local authorities.
A description of each project, the budget allocated, their objectives and the members of their consortia can be found in the Energy Data Hub.
See also the infographic illustrating the number of projects per area as well as some examples.
For further information, see the relevant EASME webpage at the link below.