On 15 March 2016, a series of Calls for Proposals were launched in the context of Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2016-17 in the area of Energy Efficiency.
The Energy Efficiency area of this Work Programme has been designed for 2016/2017 with a stronger focus on consumer-related issues under the sub-area 'Engaging consumers towards energy efficiency'. In addition, a strong consumer-oriented approach characterises many of the topics in the sub‑areas of 'Heating and cooling', 'Buildings', 'Industry, products and services', and 'Innovative financing for energy efficiency'.
More specifically, the Calls launched on 15 March concern the following topics:
- Engaging private consumers towards sustainable energy
- Engaging and activating public authorities
- Overcoming market barriers and promoting deep renovation of buildings
- Cost reduction of new Nearly Zero-Energy buildings
- Construction skills
- Effective implementation of EU product efficiency legislation
- ERA-NET Cofund actions supporting Joint Actions towards increasing energy efficiency in industry and services
- Project Development Assistance
- Making the energy efficiency market investible
- Development and roll-out of innovative energy efficiency services
The Calls have a budget of €43m and a deadline of 15 September 2016.
For further information, please visit the relevant European Commission website: https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/calls/h2020-ee-2016-2017.html
For more information on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2016-2017, you can visit the relevant BUILD UP article.