Shell Ventures, YES!Delft and Rockstart believe a meaningful energy transition can only be made with breakthrough innovation and integrated technologies that are effective, scalable and profitable. That is why the New Energy Challenge 2018 calls for start-ups that can truly help shape successful energy transitions together with us with innovative yet realistic propositions. The sooner the better!
Themed ‘the Multiples Edition’, the New Energy Challenge 2018 underpins the extraordinary and unprecedented coordination and collaboration between the multiple actors and factors that are required for the energy transition – and calls for start-ups working collaboratively at the crossroads of integrated energy solutions, connected customers and smart energies, toward a lower-carbon energy system – and with a strong scalability potential.
The New Energy Challenge offers multiple paths to benefit start-ups:
- A €100,000 grant + warrant by Shell Ventures;
- Direct entry to world-class accelerator programs;
- Coaching and advice from a personal Shell mentor and world-leading experts;
- A chance to pitch before the Shell Ventures investment committee;
- Business advice from Shell Ventures for at least one year.
The New Energy Challenge is open to European and Israeli start-ups with innovative technologies and solutions for the energy transition. The period for submission of ideas will run from June 4 to July 23, 2018.