The deadline for the submission of abstracts has been extended to 15th September 2020!
SBE21 Heritage warmly welcomes contributions from different research fields.
We are looking forward to receiving submissions covering best practices of energy retrofit in the built heritage sector, conservation-compatible solutions, methodologies for a multidisciplinary design process with a focus on regional development and the Alpine Space in particular, and policy and decision–making tools and guidelines.
- Policies, programs regulations and standards that are relevant to sustainability and climate change issues for historic buildings and neighbourhoods
- Design, construction and operation of solutions adapted to historic buildings and regional and local climate change resilience
- Approaches to preserve and enhance cultural landscapes towards a low-carbon built environment
- Renovating historic buildings towards zero energy
- Renewable energy integration in historic buildings, conservation areas and cultural landscape
- Embodied energy and carbon and the use of LCA in the renovation of historic buildings
- Innovation in materials, products, and systems for a low-carbon built heritage with particular attention to hygrothermal performance
- Use of design support methods, tools and certification in the energy retrofit of historic buildings
- In-depth analysis of traditional practices for their adaptation to a low-carbon built heritage, including modelling, monitoring and laboratory testing of materials, construction and desig
- Performance upgrading and re-use of buildings and building stocks for a low-carbon built heritage
- Training and education to promote adoption of sustainable approaches in the built heritage.
- Best practice examples
The Scientific Committee will ensure the quality and geographic coverage of the contributions and the inclusion of a wide variety of topics, formats and speakers in the conference. The Conference proceedings will be published with IOP Publishing and indexed in Scopus.
Deadline for abstract submission: 15th of September 2020
Proposals can be submitted through our online submission system.