BUILD UP webinar series: Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of EPBD
This webinar took place on the 20th September, 12.00 to 13.30
Webinar 8 – Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems (12h00 – 13h30 – 20th October 2020)
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations),
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results),
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
Of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars in this second series (7 - 10) were listed further on.
This 8th webinar represents part 1 of specific examples on the energy needs calculation (EN ISO 52016-1) combined with specific systems (ventilation/boiler, heat pump, chillers) and preliminary example of whole building calculations.
Programme of the 8th webinar (approximate timings):
- 12h00 – 12h05 – General introduction by the moderator (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
- 12h05 - 12h15 – Brief introduction, by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 12h15 - 12h30 – Coupling of the thermal zone (EN ISO 52016-1) and heat pump systems (EN 15316-4-2), by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 12h30 - 12h45 – Coupling of the thermal zone (EN ISO 52016-1) and natural ventilation (EN 16798-7) methods, by Gerhard ZWEIFEL, EPB expert, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- 12h45 - 13h00 – Preliminary examples of whole building calculations, by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 13h00 - 13h28 – Moderated Q&A
Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series was jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).
Overview of the first series of webinars (click to access the programme and recording)
- “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”,
- “EPB standards overview: why, how, what!”,
- “How to make good use of the outputs of the EPB assessments”,
- "EPB standards hourly vs monthly methods"
- “EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing”,
- “Heating systems in the EPB standards”,
Overview of the second series of webinars, aiming to further demonstrate the relevance and usability of specific EPB standards by example calculations on buildings and systems.
- Tuesday Oct. 6, 2020: (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures
- Tuesday Oct. 20, 2020: (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems
Save the dates!
(all: 12h00-13h30, Brussels time)
- Tuesday Dec. 8, 2020: (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy (to be confirmed)
- Tuesday Jan. 19, 2021: (4) Additional example calculations (provisional title)
(all: 12h00-13h30, Brussels time)