BUILD UP webinar series: Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of EPBD
This webinar took place on the 16th June, 12.00 to 13.30.
Webinar 5 – EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing (12h00 – 13h30 – 16th June 2020)
Following the successful previous webinars
- “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”,
- “EPB standards overview: why, how, what!”,
- “How to make good use of the outputs of the EPB assessments”,
- "EPB standards hourly vs monthly methods"
This 5th webinar introduces and demonstrates the definition of indoor climate and other health related indoor conditions requirements as set out in one of the EPB standards, EN 16798-1. In particular, it shows the thermal comfort requirements and how they can be evaluated by the calculation methods defined in the EPB standards. As a follow-up to the 4th webinar, it shows further applications and possibilities of an hourly calculation method beyond the energy needs calculation.
In the frame of climate change, the overheating issue is getting more and more important for both health and productivity reasons, and strategies to avoid this by enhanced ventilative cooling need to be evaluated. The possibilities and limitations of such evaluations, using the methods described in the EPB standards and documents are shown, and further developments currently underway in standardization are introduced.
- Introduction by the moderator (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
- 12h05 - 12h25 – Gerhard ZWEIFEL, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, EPB expert
- Thermal comfort and overheating
- 12h25 - 12h45 – Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- Energy needs calculation (EN ISO 52016-1) and thermal comfort
- 12h45 - 13h00 – Gerhard ZWEIFEL, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, EPB expert
- Ventilative cooling and climate change – current standardization work, complementing the EPB standards
- 13h00 - 13h28 – Moderated Q&A
- Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series is jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).