This webinar took place on the 27th May, 13.00 to 14:30.
‘Sustainable Energy Skills in the construction sector’ is a series of webinars devoted to energy efficiency area from different perspectives. It is organized jointly by 7 EU founded projects: BIMEET, BUSLeague, INSTRUCT, HP4ALL, The nZEB Roadshow, CraftEdu and TRAIN4SUSTAIN. The collaboration was established to raise awarness about a deep need for sustainable energy skills in the construction sector. The webinar was an opportunity to share their knowledge, experiences and research outcomes with the audience from European countries. They shared their experiences on the following topics:
Co-creation and use of the BUILD UP Skills advisor-app (BUSLeague): The in IEE BUS_N@W conceived BUILD UP Skills advisor-app was further extended in H2020 BUStoB, PROF/TRAC, NEWCOM, BIMplement and is used now in H2020 BUSLeague and TripleA-reno. This app includes an upskilling repository, a number of micro-learnings, a connector to e-learning, a unit of learning outcomes database and functionality to issue digital skillcards.
Best practice initiatives designed to increase skills in the Heat Pump sector (HP4All): HP4All is focused on capacity and skills development within the Heat Pump sector to ensure that the energy efficiency gains afforded by heat pumps are realised. HP4All, following a holistic, systemic point of view, will work both with the supply side (manufacturers, SMEs, installers, etc) and demand-side (building owners, public sector, etc.). This way, the project will enhance, develop and promote the skills required for high quality, optimised Heat Pump (HP) installations within residential/non-residential buildings.
This presentation outlined the activities that are anticipated for 3 pilot regions, each with a focus on a different sector of the heat pump market. The activities are intended to support market and skills development and will have relevance for other regions and other technologies.
Development of mobile equipment for on-site training and demonstration: the “MUZA” project in Croatia (The nZEB Roadshow): With the goal to promote market demand for nearly zero-energy buildings, the nZEB Roadshow H2020 project will organize multiple large-scale events in Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Italy and Romania, featuring product exhibitions, job fairs, training courses, live demonstrations, games for children and many more. The focal points of the events will be specifically designed mobile training and demonstration units built with utmost care and attention to detail, as the first of them - the Croatian “MUZA” project - is already in operation.
Certification and validation of PRO-Heritage competences by using digital tools - e-learning and exam portal (PRO-Heritage): Certification and validation of competences in PRO-Heritage are based on the ECQA standards, which are used for all curricula of the European Heritage Academy (EHA). The training materials are available on the eLearning portal which is appended to the EHA website. PRO-Heritage is using the ECQA exam portal for self-assessment and examination. The certificates are used as criteria in a tender process.
CraftEdu’s e-learning platform: an operational approach to continuous upskilling and mutual recognition of competences for construction workers in Central Europe (CraftEdu): The CraftEdu project has developed full training documentation for acquiring nZEB-related competencies on 8 professions, already fully applied in the Czech Republic and Slovakia and successfully piloted in Austria and Bulgaria. The training activities are facilitated by a recently launched e-learning platform, which is already offering an advanced learning experiences for trainees in the 4 partner countries.
The correlation between training and energy efficiency, community learning approach - the energy BIM platform (INSTRUCT): The aim of the presentation was to deliver industry and academic evidence that corroborates and reinforces the correlation between (a) skills and education, and (b) energy performance and quality. This involves:
- A review to collect, organize and synthesize available evidence from authoritative sources across Europe and beyond.
- Feedback from a series of consultations with key stakeholders, including BUILD UP Skills initiative key representatives across Europe with a view of reinforcing the gathered evidence with further cases drawn from industry and practice.
Methods and best practices utilized to evaluate, report on the competence of building professionals in the TRAIN4SUSTAIN project (TRAIN4SUSTAIN): TRAIN4SUSTAIN Competence Quality Standard (CQS) allows the evaluation, scoring and reporting the level of competence of professionals, workers with regards to specific Areas of Expertise related to sustainability at building and urban scale.
The TRAIN4SUSTAIN CQS has been structured in modules and hierarchic levels, reflecting the structure of the most relevant sustainability certification systems at building and urban scale and in relation to the recent Level(s) framework of core sustainability indicators issued by the European Commission in October 2020.
13.00 – 13.10: Welcome statement & Webinar overview.
Overview on the status and perspectives of BUILD UP Skills: Luca Angelino, Project Advisor, European Commission - European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA).
13.10 - 13.45: Session 1 - Best practices initiatives designed to increase skills in the construction sector (20 min + 15 min Q&A)
- Methods and best practices utilized to evaluate, report on the competence of building professionals in the project (TRAIN4SUSTAIN). Peter Gyuris, Geonardo
- Best practice initiatives designed to increase skills in the Heat Pump sector (HP4ALL). Seamus Hoyne, LIT
- The correlation between training and energy efficiency, community learning approach - the energy BIM platform (INSTRUCT). Ioan Petri, Cardiff University
- Development of mobile equipment for on-site training and demonstration: the “MUZA” project in Croatia (The nZEB Roadshow). Bojan Milovanovic, UniZg
13.45 - 14.15: Session 2 - Digital learning tools: gamification/apps for micro-learning and market development (15 min + 15 min Q&A)
- Co-creation and use of the BUILD UP Skills advisor-app (BUSLeague). Jan Cromwijk, ISSO
- Certification and validation of PRO-Heritage competences by using digital tools - e-learning and exam portal (PRO-Heritage). Gerald Wagenhofer, UBW
- CraftEdu’s e-learning platform: an operational approach to continuous upskilling and mutual recognition of competences for construction workers in Central Europe (CraftEdu). Jiri Karasek, SEVEn
14.15 - 14.30: Conclusions & End of session.