This project won the Grand Prize in the "Tertiary Buildings" category of the Circular Buildings Trophies 2022. The project involves renovating and raising a "concrete hut" typical of 21st century Reunionese architecture. Moreover, the project has following a circular approach, and the materials that could not be reused are locally sourced.
The design is based on the foundations of tropical bioclimatic architecture: through natural ventilation and solar protection.
Here below some data about the energy consumption:
- Calculation method: RTAA DOM 2016
- Breakdown for energy consumption: final energy breakdown: ceiling fans (4.5), interior lighting (7), computer workstations and various power outlets (20), exterior lighting (1.5)
- Primary energy need: 85,00 kWhep/m2.an
- Primary energy need for standard building: 85,00 kWhep/m2.an
- Initial consumption: 140,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
- Final Energy: 33,00 kWhef/m2.an
- Real final energy consumption/m2: 33,00 kWhef/m2.an
- Year of the real energy consumption: 2022
Read the case study here.