Detached house in private development. It is a mixed construction of in situ concrete / industrial light wooden panel framework.
The house is located in a residential area of low density in Rivas Vaciamadrid, a town southeast of Madrid and is the second home with a Passivahus certificate in this autonomous community.
The climate is mild in winters and hot during summer. There is a very high annual temperature swing, which has been one of the great challenges of this project.
Previous climate studies in the area warned us of summer overheating, which has been a determining factor in the development of the project.
The house has two floors above ground. Downstairs for a more public use and a first floor for private use. And one floor below ground level that has multipurpose spaces. All within the thermal envelope.
The first floor serves as a superimposed body on the ground that protects it from the sun. The ground floor and first floors are connected by a double-height space located in the heart of the house.
Passive strategies capable of combining a good energy operation with the design assumptions were as follows:
- A disposition that groups together in the north side the service zones with small holes, and locate the main rooms in the south zones.
- Protections by overhangs all the holes facing south / west, dimensioned by their orientation.
- A provision of holes of varying heights and facing in the direction of the prevailing wind component area favoring cross-ventilation for night cooling during the warmer months
- A basement within the thermal envelope that gives thermal inertia to a lightweight construction and to acts thermal regulator
- An envelope ventilated facades and roofs that shades the envelopes
- Light colors predominate in the finished envelope
A big effort has been made to combine the design parameters consistent with the requirements of users and the Passivhaus Standard, which has been one of the biggest lessons learned from the project.
Detached house in private development. It is a mixed construction of in situ concrete / industrial light wooden panel framework.The house is located in a residential area of low density in Rivas Vaciamadrid, a town southeast of Madrid and (...)