This publication, released by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), explains how buildings are lit and provides energy efficient solutions to ensure that buildings provide a healthy, comfortable and productive working environment. The information provided is intended for building operators, designers and employers allowing them to demonstrate compliance with Regulation 8, Lighting, in The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992.
- Top Tips.
- Lighting & health.
- How much lighting do I need?
- How the building itself influences lighting.
- Design and installation considerations.
- Lighting control systems.
- Quality of lighting.
- Emergency lighting.
- Maintenance, examination and testing of lighting.
- Cleaning and housekeeping.
- The costs and implications of inadequate lighting.
- Obtrusive light.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cibse.org/Knowledge/CIBSE-Top-Tips/CIBSE-Top-Tips-2-Lighting-in-Buildings-NEW