This report highlights the activities and most recent successes of the Concerted Action for the effective implementation of the EED across all 28 Member States, plus Norway.
As the Directive became widely understood, the CA EED evolved its function into helping to facilitate implementation of the Directive. Originally its main focus and activity was to run two Plenary Meetings per year supported by the website; however, this has evolved to now include organising Study visits, In-depth Workshops, and, more recently, active collaboration with two related Concerted Actions; one for the Renewable Energy Directive (RES) and the other the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD).
The main objectives of CA EED are:
- Facilitating information sharing and promoting best practices
- Encouraging dialogue among Member States regarding the implementation of the Directive
- Complementing the work of the EED Committee in assisting the European Commission
The CA EED covers several aspects of the energy efficiency topic. These include:
- Energy efficiency schemes and savings calculation
- Public buildings
- Metering and grid efficiency
- Energy services and audits
- Heating and cooling
- Finance and information
Read the report attached to understand more about CA EED.