The Council of the European Union (Environment) meeting, which took place on 17 December 2014 in Brussels, had the following main results:
- New EU-wide rules for monitoring, reporting and verification of CO2 emissions from ships
- Political agreement on a draft directive to reduce the consumption of lightweight plastic bags.
- General approach on a draft directive on the limitation of emissions of certain pollutants into the air from medium combustion plants.
- Commission work programme 2015: work continuing work on the circular economy package and on the waste review.
- Climate change: political agreement on the Doha amendment ratification package.
- Post-2015 agenda for new global framework for poverty eradication and sustainable development, to be adopted at the UN General Assembly summit in September 2015.
To download the press release (pdf), please visit the relevant European Council website: