This is the Concerted Action EPBD country implementation report for Denmark, as updated at the end of 2012.
The report presents in a snapshot the status and progress achieved in implementing the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, describing among things:
- the history of the legal status of the transposition of the EPBD (Directive 2002/91/EC) and the EPBD recast (Directive 2010/31/EC);
- the evolution of minimum energy efficiency requirements over time, starting before the EPBD, showing the impacts of both the EPBD and its recast, and expectations, if available, for the 2020 NZEB target, for new and existing, residential and non-residential buildings;
- the detailed energy performance requirements for all building categories at the end of 2012;
- the functioning of the certification market, including the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) formats and their main contents, building classes, how EPCs are issued, their use in advertisements, sales and rental contracts, required qualifications and training for Qualified Experts (QE), information about the numbers of QEs and issued EPCs, as well as provisions for quality control;
- the status of certification of public buildings;
- the status of inspections of boilers, heating and air-conditioning (AC) systems, required qualifications and training for inspectors, information about the numbers of inspectors and inspections, as well as provisions for quality control and compliance, or what has been done in terms of alternative measures that, according to the EPBD, may replace mandatory inspections; and
- an overview of the next steps for transformation of the building stock to improved energy performance levels.
The content of this report is included in the book “Implementing the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) - Featuring country reports 2012”, ISBN 978-972-8646-27-1, © ADENE 2013 (pages 157-166), which is available at the CA EPBD website and on BUILD UP.
For more information on the Concerted Action EPBD go to www.epbd-ca.eu
The work is co-funded under the Intelligent Energy – Europe Programme of the European Union under the contract IEE/CA/10/002 SI2.588732.