The European Investment Bank (EIB) supports EU policy objectives by financing investment projects in all EU countries. Last year, more than 400 projects were signed in the 28 EU Member States worth 69 billion euros.
Projects are supported according to the following priority areas:
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs);
- Regional development, addressing social and economic imbalances;
- Environmental sustainability;
- Innovation and research;
- Trans-European Networks, linking Europe’s infrastructure;
- Competitive and secure energy supply.
Expected results of these projects are summarised in the "Report on 3 Pillar Assessment for inside the EU".
The so-called 3 Pillar Assessment Framework (3PA) is the results management tool the Bank uses to assess the impact of these projects against the EIB’s policy objectives:
- Innovation & skills;
- Access to finance;
- Infrastructure and environment;
- Climate action;
- Social and economic cohesion.
To download the report please click here.