The TightVent Europe Newsletter aims to keep you regularly informed about developments regarding building and ductwork airtightness, including policy issues, publications, events, innovative technologies, case studies, research activities etc.
Airtightness testing has been one key element in the on-going market transformation on building airtightness in several countries: it has shown policy makers and professionals the gap between expected and actual airtightness levels and urged them to revisit envelope airtightness policies as well as its design and implementation. Besides, several airtightness testing quality schemes now fully operational are a data mine gold for public bodies and for the industry. Things aren't perfect, but at least, we know better where we are in terms of airtightness of new buildings. This is not the case for the long-term performance where research is still needed to understand the physical mechanisms degrading envelope airtightness. This newsletter outlines some initiatives on these issues.
- 13-14 September 2017 – 38th AIVC & 6th TightVent conference in Nottingham, UK
- TightVent Airtightness Associations Committee (TAAC) news
- March 31 – April 1, 2017, Conference, Hannover – “10th International BUILDAIR Symposium”
- New QUALICHeCK factsheets available
- Feedback from the 37th AIVC –ASHRAE- IAQ joint conference Alexandria, VA, USA, September 12-14, 2016
- ATTMA Technical Standard L1: Measuring air permeability in the envelopes of dwellings
- New guide by the Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) | Floor Plenum Airtightness – Guidance and Testing Methodology
- TightVent Europe becomes Associated Partner of the Covenant of Mayors
- DURABILIT’AIR: a research project on durability of airtightness products
- Events Calendar
- Product news from our partners
To read and download the newsletter please click on the link provided below.