Empa is proud to host the 11th International Vacuum Insulation Symposium IVIS2013 at our campus in Dübendorf, Switzerland.
This is a continuation of 7 VIA Symposia from 1998 to 2003 and the follow-up biannual symposia of IVIS since 2005. The organizing committee invites scientists from academia and professionals from industry producing or using high-performance thermal insulation to submit abstracts.
Issues with special emphasis on IVIS2013 are foreseen in “Energy and Buildings” and “International Journal of Refrigeration”.
Previous IVIS symposia had a special emphasis on VIP in building applications, such as retrofitted facades, flat roofs, and low energy houses.
IVIS2013 will continue with these topics in a worldwide scale and encouraging the participation of researchers and suppliers of VIP in refrigeration and cryogenic applications.
- Refrigerated transport, including containerization
- Chemical Industry at both cryogenic and High Temperature applications
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Refrigeration
- VIPs of many differently needed durability shall be considered from over 30 years, down to 15 years with one side cold all the time and to weeks or months like for some transport boxes.
- Topic 1: VIP core material
- Topic 2: VIP envelope material
- Topic 3: VIP for building applications
- Topic 4: VIP for refrigeration applications
- Topic 5: VIP for transport boxes
- Topic 6: Models of heat and moisture transfer
- Topic 7: Novel applications
- Topic 8: VIP product demonstrations