This webinar focuses on the share of intermittent wind and solar power in the EU which is increasing. Reaching a low-carbon electricity sector will depend on efficient integration of these energy sources by creating more flexibility, including through generation and demand response as well as the grid. This webinar will outline the challenge; give an overview of the status quo of EU electricity markets and present policy recommendations from the recent Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) Task Force on "Improving the Market for Flexibility in the Electricity Sector".
- Arndt Hassel, Associate Researcher, CEPS and EU GCC Clean Energy Technology Network Expert
- Christian Egenhofer, Associate Senior Research Fellow & Director of Energy Climate House, CEPS and EU GCC Clean Energy Technology Network Expert
- Daniel Fraile, Senior Analyst Grids and Market, WindEurope
- Alain Taccoen, Head of Stakeholders Relations - EU Strategy, EDF
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017
- 10:00 CET
Participation to the webinar is free but requires registration.
For further information please visit the event’s website at the link provided below.