The City of Freiburg, the City of Basel and ICLEI Europe are pleased to invite you to the Local Renewables Conference 2018. The conference will take place on 24-26 October 2018, mainly in Freiburg (Germany) with a study tour to Basel (Switzerland).
Rising global energy needs remain a major challenge, with cities and regions being central players in making energy more secure, clean and sustainable. To transform from a linear to a circular economy there is a growing need to take advantage of renewable resources, including energy.
The conference will address the following key issues:
- How can we ensure that global energy goals, including the 2015 Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals will be reached?
- What is the potential of the circularity of local renewables?
- What transformation is needed in cities for shifting to a circular economy? And how will circular economy shape transformation?
- How can we manage the transformation from a linear to a circular economy?
- What investments are needed and what are the financing options?
- How can relevant stakeholders, such as citizens, public authorities and the private sector be engaged in the urban transformation?