This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 884161
Open Source Tools to Share, Compare, and Reuse Low-Carbon Energy Data
Data is central for energy research and analysis. Unfortunately, energy data is often difficult to find, mixed in different repositories, and generally fragmented. This results in a lack of efficiency for research and energy transition management.
EnerMaps aims to improve data availability, data quality, and data management for industry (in particular renewable technology industry), energy planners, energy utilities, energy managers, energy consultants, public administration officers specialised in the energy sector and policy decision makers as well as social innovation experts and data providers, applying FAIR principles. To this end, we focus on three axes:
- a) The creation of two tools working in conjunction: a scientific community dashboard providing a critical mass of energy datasets in one common tool, and a data management tool providing a quality-check selection of crucial data with an integrated visualization and calculation modules. Both tools will be freely accessible to all users.
- b) Scientific communication: we increase current capacities of publicly-financed R&I projects to communicate their newly created datasets through enrichment and promotion activities. The aim is to increase the probability of seeing these datasets reused.
- c) Capacity building on data management: an extensive set of formation is organized for lead-user representatives. The use of action-learning techniques and the application of a “train the trainer” approach ensures the efficiency of the training programs.
The project collaborates actively with European-wide data management initiatives such as the European Open Science Cloud Initiative and integrates actively its future users into the development of the different tools to insure their usefulness.
- CENTRE DE RECHERCHES ENERGETIQUES ET MUNICIPALES
- FONDATION DE L'INSTITUT DE RECHERCHE IDIAP
- ACCADEMIA EUROPEA DI BOLZANO
- ZENTRUM FUR ENERGIEWIRTSCHAFT UND UMWELT (E-THINK)
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET WIEN
- REVOLVE WATER
- OPENAIRE AMKE
Start date: 1/04/2020 - End date: 31/03/2022