In three online live sessions and with practical online exercises, participants will be trained to apply the free THERMOS energy planning software.
The web-based, free software developed as part of the THERMOS Horizon 2020 project is designed to identify optimal heating and cooling network solutions according to individual user criteria, such as emission reduction targets, budget, energy sources and required building connections.
Interested participants will also have the opportunity to develop a case study together with project and software experts.
Training Schedule :
- 29th Oct 2020 16:00 - Kick-off & #energysystem mapping and modelling with THERMOS
- 12th Nov 2020 16:00 - Embedding THERMOS in your city.
- 10th Dec 2020 16:00 - THERMOS trainers in action – Presentation of Cases by Trainers
Online Exercises & Case Study Development
Option A: Complete and submit three THERMOS practical challenges by 1st December 2020
- Challenge 1: Planning & evaluating a project with THERMOS.
- Challenge 2: Optimising planning decisions
- Challenge 3: Modifying demand and network paths
Option B: Develop a case study with THERMOS
Develop your own case study with THERMOS with help from our THERMOS tutors and experts by 1st December 2020.
The Training is organised by ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability and the THERMOS project.
Event Date: 29 October 2020 - 10 December