This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 891839.
Small and medium-sized municipalities in the region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes are not meeting their energy saving goals due to a lack of technical and legal expertise.
The EU-funded BAPAURA project will offer a scheme to support energy efficiency investments in 115 public buildings, by developing advanced and centralised energy services for small and medium-sized municipalities.
The project will develop legal, technical and financial assistance that will result in the deployment of energy performance guarantee contracts and the use of pioneering financial tools such as white certificates.
BAPAURA will provide these services at department level through existing local energy support structures.
It will also mobilise service providers and financial institutions at local level and introduce innovative financing by optimising feasibility information.
National and European energy savings in the building sector at small and medium-sized municipalities are not being met.
Currently small and medium-sized municipalities in the region face significant challenges when meeting their energy savings goals due to the lack of technical and legal expertise hindering the use of advanced contracting schemes.
Further challenges include scattered grants and lack of financial engineering at municipal level.
BAPAURA aims to tackle these challenges by:
- Supporting energy efficiency investments in 115 public buildings.
- Developing advanced and centralised energy services dedicated to small and medium-sized municipalities focusing on project development assistance (legal, technical and financial). These services will support the deployment of energy performance guarantee contracts and facilitate the use of innovative financial instruments (e.g. white certificates).
- Providing these services at department level through existing local energy support structures that will develop further “one-stop shop” services with the support of regional organisations.
- Mobilising service providers and financial institutions at local level.
- Introducing innovative financing by optimising the investment plan of municipalities, reviewing all financing options, adapting grants, harmonising subsidy request applications and mobilising white certificates.
- Replicating the project results at regional, national and EU levels
The main results that BAPAURA will trigger during the project’s lifetime are:
- 23,627,000 € of total energy efficiency investments, with an average leverage factor of 16
- 7.8 GWh/year of primary energy savings
- 1,437 t CO2 e/ year.
- AUVERGNE-RHONE-ALPES ENERGIE ENVIRONNEMENT
- AGENCE LOCALE DE L'ENERGIE ET DU CLIMAT DE L'AIN
- SPL ALEC DE LA GRANDE REGION GRENOBLOISE
- ASSOCIATION POUR UNE GESTION DURABLE DE L' ENERGIE
- SOCIETE D'AMENAGEMENT DU RHONE AUXALPES
- SYNDICAT DE GESTION DES ENERGIES DELA REGION LYONNAISE
Start date: 1 September 2020 - End date: 31 August 2023