REMOURBAN (REgeneration MOdel for smart URBAN transformation) is a lighthouse Horizon 2020 project whose ultimate goal is to design and validate an urban regeneration model in the cities of Nottingham (UK), Valladolid (Spain) and Tepebasi/Eskisehir (Turkey), while maximising its replication potential in two follower cities, Seraing (Belgium) and Miskolc (Hungary).
The model leverages the convergence between energy, mobility and ICT to improve quality of life, ensure social acceptance and empower citizens. REMOURBAN tests a range of technical innovations and solutions as well as new business models for city renovation and strategies addressing non-technical barriers.
The project's aim is to develop and demonstrate a holistic and highly replicable urban regeneration model to
- leverage the convergence of energy, mobility and ICT;
- accelerate the development of innovative technologies, organisational and economic solutions;
- increase resource and energy efficiency;
- improve the sustainability of urban transport and drastically reduce greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions in urban areas;
- facilitate replication across Europe; and
- empower citizens to be actors in their cities’ transformation.