The Lycée pour Professions de Santé in Ettelbruck, now the largest wooden building in the Grand Duchy, is a pilot project. It is indeed the first Luxembourg public building with positive energy. It is also the first in Luxembourg to aim for a "Minergie-P- ECO" certiﬁcation. In addition to the comfort of the occupants, which reaches its highest level thanks to this certification, it is also the ecological footprint of the building that has been at the centre of attention since the design phase.
Post date: 19 Apr 2020
Due to the Covid-19 containment measures, please check the latest status of the event at the organisers’ webpage.
The Future Envelope 13 – Conference on Building Envelopes
Post date: 15 Apr 2020
As a visible sign of the shift from fossil fuels to renewable energies, a former coal silo and heating plant in Basel is covered with coloured PV modules. The entire site is under heritage protection, the remodelled building was required to match the style and colour scheme of the site.
Post date: 11 Mar 2020
Mercado del Val is an iron market located within the old town of Valladolid. Its construction was completed in 1882. The rectangular floor plan is 120 meters long times 19 meters wide, with chamfered corners. It had stones for foundations and plinth and iron for the other elements. Natural ventilation was performed through openings covered by blinds of iron sheets.
Post date: 20 Feb 2020
The building is a symmetrical structure with two wings, which frame the forecourt of the Lazaristenkirche. The north wing was the subject of renovation. It dates from the late "Gründerzeit" period of 1884-1918, was built in 1904 and designed by architect Cajetan Miserowsky. The renovated building is located on the north side and has a predominantly south-facing orientation of the habitable rooms. The north side to the adjacent Sophienspital is a closed firewall. The narrow side to the west faces the private garden.
Post date: 16 Jan 2020
Building Inspection – der Weg zu mehr Qualität am Bau?
Post date: 8 Jan 2020
The renovation of the Mayrhof in Trins combines several best-practice solutions in one project. In particular, the use of a newly developed façade system and an extension using a house-in-house concept allow architectural and building physics aspects to harmonise with each other. During intervention the most important things always kept in mind were the external appearance and the woodwork in the stube. The very individual shape of the external walls made much work on details necessary. The external wall paintings refers to the buildings history.
Post date: 19 Dec 2019
Villa Castelli is a listed building from the 19th century located at the riverside of Lake Como (Italy). The owners set the ambitious goal of renovating the Villa, which had belonged to the family for about 140 years, to the lowest possible energy demand while maintaining the original use of the rooms and the external appearance. The renovation achieved a 90% energy demand reduction and a significant increase in comfort, demonstrating that also a listed building can become nZEB.
Post date: 18 Dec 2019
This project was the refurbishment of an early 19th C croft house. 3-bay, single-storey and attic, rectangular-plan crofting cottage situated on high ground overlooking Braemar village in the Cairngorms National Park. Rubble with lime render and pointing. Corrugated-iron roof covering heather thatch.
NORTH ELEVATION: Timber lean-to porch to centre, breaking eaves with timber door to left side; windows flanking. Smaller single windows to S and W elevations.
Post date: 18 Dec 2019
In the center of the "Poblenou" neighborhood of Barcelona, the "Koh" restaurant has been renovated, following the EnerPhit / Passivhaus protocol. "Koh" means "island" in Thai, and thus reflects the idea of the owner, of creating a quality site in different aspects: quality of the food, quality of the interior design and quality of the interior environment.
Post date: 11 Dec 2019