In close coordination, the European Commission’s Directorate Generals for Research and Innovation (DG RTD), Information Society and Media (DG INFSO) and Energy (DG ENER) are devoting €515 million under the 7th Framework Programme for Research, Technology Development and Demonstration (FP7) over the period 2010 to 2013. The projects presented in this brochure received FP7 funding under the FP7-2010-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB call.
The Energy-efficient Buildings (EeB) Public Private Partnership (PPP) is a joint initiative of the European Commission and the private sector to promote research on new methods and technologies to reduce the energy footprint and CO2 emissions related to new and renovated buildings across Europe.
The Energy Efficient Buildings European Initiative (E2B EI) was set up by the European Construction Technology Platform (ECTP) to help the construction industry address climate change, reach the European Commission-set 2020 targets and achieve energy-neutral buildings and districts by 2050. The construction industry is a large contributor to CO2 emissions, with buildings responsible for 40% of the total European energy consumption.
Stakeholders from the whole value chain have joined the Energy Efficient Buildings Association (E2BA) which is the industrial interlocutor of the European Commission in the EeB PPP.
The aim of this brochure is to support the dissemination of information on this important European initiative.
This Review will help you to learn more about launched projects, the activities of the association and our journey towards energy efficiency in Europe.
Demonstration of Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Building Energy Efficiency for Massive Market Uptake
- Industrialised Energy Efficient Retrofitting of Residential Buildings in Cold Climates
- School of the Future: Towards Zero Emission with High Performance Indoor Environment
Improving the Energy Efficiency of Historic Buildings in Urban Areas
- Efficient Energy for Cultural Heritage
ICT for Energy-efficient Buildings and Spaces of Public Use
- ICT4E2B Forum
- Energy Efficiency and Risk Management in Public Buildings
- Energy Efficiency for European Sport Facilities
- Self Powered Wireless Sensor Network for HVAC System Energy Improvement
- Smart Energy Efficient Middleware for Public Spaces
- ICT Platform for Holistic Energy Efficiency Simulation and Lifecycle Management
New Nanotechnology-based High Performance Insulation Systems
- Development of Nanotechnology-based Insulation Systems
- New Advanced Insulation Phase Change Materials
- Development of a Novel Cost-effective Nanotech Coatings
- New NANO-technology Based High Performance Insulation Foam System
- Aerogel Based Composite Nanomaterials for Cost-effective Building
New Technologies for Energy Efficiency at District Level
- New μ-CHP Network Technologies for Energy Efficient and Sustainable Districts
- Energy-Hub for Residential and Commercial Districts and Transport
PPP Related FP7 Projects
- Clean and Resource Efficienct Buildings for Real Life
- Development of a Clean and Energy Self-sustained Building
- Multi-source Energy Storage System Integrated in Buildings
- Resource and Cost-effective Integration of Renewables in Existing High-rise Buildings
- Strategic Networking of RDI Programmes in Construction and Operation of Buildings