The evaluation is being carried out for the European Commission (DG Enterprise and Industry) by CSES (the Centre for Strategy and Evaluation Services), with their partners Oxford Research and aims to:
- Assess the effectiveness and utility of the Ecodesign Directive, its development procedures and the results and impacts of its implementation;
- Define the existing barriers and obstacles to optimal application of the Directive and any actions that may need to be taken to eliminate these barriers;
- Provide recommendations to contribute to a review of the Directive;
- Examine the appropriateness of extending the scope of the Directive beyond energy-related products and,
- If an extension is appropriate, provide recommendations on additional products to include and on any necessary modifications of the framework Directive.
The Draft Final Report will form the basis of discussion at the third stakeholder meeting that will take place on 18 January 2012.
Read the full evaluation report here.