The evaluation aims to :
- Assess the effectiveness and utility of the Ecodesign Directive, its development procedures and the results and impacts of its implementation;
- Define the existing barriers and obstacles to optimal application of the Directive and any actions that may need to be taken to eliminate these barriers;
- Provide recommendations to contribute to a review of the Directive;
- Examine the appropriateness of extending the scope of the Directive beyond energy-related products and,
- If an extension is appropriate, provide recommendations on additional products to include and on any necessary modifications of the framework Directive.