TEENERGY SCHOOLS Project operated in four countries of the Mediterranean, by organizations representing eight different territories and the distinct territories typical climate conditions referred to coastal, mountain and urban: Provinces of Lucca and Trapani (Tuscany, Sicily - Italy), Districts of Paphos and Larnaca (Cyprus), Province of Athens (Municipality of Kessariani) through the actions of the Prefecture of Athens (Attica) and Province of Pieria (Municipality of Katerini, Central Macedonia) through National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, NKUA (Greece), County Council Of Granada (Spain).
The general objective was to promote energy efficiency in existing secondary school buildings developing a common strategy based on the 3 typical climatic and architectural models that characterize the MED area: coastal, mountain and urban.
The specific objectives were:
- to create a transnational network among partners, other Public Authorities, Universities or technical bodies and schools, involving students in the educational dimension of Teenergy;
- to experiment benchmark activities for comparing buildings energy performances and defining a MED Action Plan, useful also for new construction;
- to implement a concept design action based on technological solutions for (passive) cooling, natural lighting and ventilation, renewable energies, also through the organisation of international events (3 Workshops and Campus);
- to promote synergies with private operators and leader companies in this field, in order to favour technological innovation and new economic sectors;
- to diffuse and capitalize the results with the aim of increasing the awareness on energy saving practises and standards and –in medium long term – integrating and improving the policies at MED level.