The International Conference on Solar Technologies & Hybrid Mini Grids to improve energy access will take place at Bad Hersfeld, in Metropolitan area Frankfurt, Germany, on 21-23 September 2016. The international character of this conference and exhibition will bring together academia, practitioners, industry and development institutions with the aim of sharing experiences and the latest technology developments, learning from each other and networking.
The objective of the event and the challenge to be faced are:
- to consolidate the knowledge around solutions that have proven to work, and their enabling factors;
- to present different models of financing, business models and technologies that enable the fast uptake of such solutions; and
- to provide new roads for research and innovation.
The event's topics are the following:
- PV and other renewable energy based electricity (Pico PV, Solar home systems, PV for telecommunication and industrial use, Mini grids for communities, Water pumping.
- Solar thermal systems (Domestic solar water heating systems, Solar heat for industrial and commercial applications, Solar cooking , Solar drying, Sea water desalination).
- Policy, government and donor programmes.
For further information on registration, programme etc., please visit the event's website.