IEA-EBC Annex 58: Reliable building energy performance characterisation based on full scale dynamic measurements
The Executive Committee of the International Energy Agency Energy in Buildings and Communities programme (IEA EBC) approved the “IEA-EBC Annex 58: Reliable building energy performance characterisation based on full scale dynamic measurements” in 2011. The project was completed in 2016.
The main objectives of the project were to:
- develop common quality procedures for dynamic full scale testing to come to a better performance analysis;
- develop models to characterise and predict the effective thermal performances of building components and whole buildings.
The published deliverables of the project are:
- Project Summary Report: Reliable Building Energy Performance Characterisation Based on Full Scale Dynamic Measurements
- Inventory of Full Scale Test Facilities for Evaluation of Building Energy Performances Report
- Overview of Methods to Analyse Dynamic Data Report
- Logic and Use of the Decision Tree for Optimising Full Scale Dynamic Testing Report
- Thermal Performance Characterisation Based on Full Scale Testing: Physical Guidelines and Description of the Common Exercises Report
- Thermal Performance Characterisation using Time Series Data: Statistical Guidelines Report
- Empirical Validation of Common Building Energy Simulation Models Based on In-situ Dynamic Data Report
- Towards a Characterisation of Buildings Based on In-situ Testing and Smart Meter Readings and Potential for Application in Smart Grids Report
For more information, please visit the project’s website at the link provided below.