Thursday 21st September 2017, 15:00 – 16:30 Brussels time (CET)
Smart Finance for Smart Buildings (SFSB) initiative is a non-legislative proposal included by the European Commission in the proposed Clean Energy for All Europeans Package. SFSB aims at unlocking private finance to accelerate the renovation of the EU building stock. The initiative is structured around three pillars: 1) financial de-risking through a more effective use of public funding; 2) technological/technical de-risking through the aggregation of projects and assistance for project development; and 3) behavioural de-risking by providing information to investors to reduce the perceived risks of energy renovation projects.
SFSB is analysed based on existing literature and lessons learnt from the design and the implementation of energy renovation programmes by Member States. The main findings of this analysis are summarised in the OpenExp discussion paper presented/discussed at the webinar.
For more information on the Smart Finance for Smart Building initiative, please see the relevant EC Staff Working Document.
▪ Introductory words | Adrian Joyce, Renovate Europe Campaign Director
▪ Presentation of the main findings of the discussion paper on Smart Finance for Smart Building initiative | Yamina Saheb, OpenExp
▪ Round table discussion, moderated by Adrian Joyce, with the participation of:
- Timothée Noël, European Commission
- Heike Leberle, European Parliament
- Sébastien Delpont, GreenFlex/Energiesprong (France)
- Claire Roumet, EnergieCities
▪ Questions and Answers
HOW TO VIEW: Each presentation or Q&A session in the agenda is a separate video within an integrated playlist. You may watch the whole webinar from start to end, skip videos by clicking on >|, or click on PLAYLIST and jump straight to the video you want.
The original announcement for this event can be found here.
Webinar organisers: BUILD UP and OpenExp