BUILT ENVIRONMENT IN AN ERA OF CLIMATE CHANGE
How can cities and buildings adapt?
The conference aims to encourage the participation and commitment of students and experts/professions of coming/acting generation who proactively researches on sustainable built environmental related issues that are critically relevant to the mitigation of and the adaptation to the undergoing climate change.
It also aims to facilitate interactive dialogue to exchange of thought and practices among researchers, practitioners, and stakeholders, as well as to build up the interdisciplinary networks that enable holistic approach on a global scale. Respecting on the issues are significantly connected with the performance of cities in Asia, the organizer encourages the participation of counterparts and partners from Asian countries.
1. New Idea for Policy Design Toward Adaptation and Mitigation(MACRO PERSPECTIVES ON URBAN ISSUES AND POLICIES). “How will emerging and maturing cities practically develop in order to adapt climate change and be resilient in the future? And, how policies can concretely face climate change issues, and which tools will be available to formulate well addressed and scientifically informed political decisions?”
2. Integrated Urban Strategies(URBAN ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE ISSUES). “How megacities can mitigate Heat Island Effect and at the meantime be capable of welcoming urban growth and increasing of density? And, how existent urban districts can be energetically optimized and what are the strategies for designing future districts and assessing their performances?”
3. Measures to Prevent and Face Disasters(DESIGNING FOR DISASTER). “How can human settlement maintain their resilience in facing global events, and what are the responsibilities of different subjects in prevention and management of disasters?”
4. Building Design Strategies and Building Operation(BUILDING DESIGN AND OPERATION). “Down to the building scale, how new and existing architecture, in different climatic areas, must perform and be organized, in order to fulfill climate change adaptation and mitigations?”
5. The Role of Building Occupants and Urban Residents in Affecting Energy Demand(OCCUPANTS / INHABITANTS / BEHAVIOR OF USER). “How recent technology can analyze human behavior and conciliate high quality living environment with climate change adaptation? And how policies and community programs can affect such behavioral changes?”
6. Challenges in Growing Countries(SPECIAL TOPIC / ISSUES ABOUT RAPID GROWTHASIAN REGIONAL ISSUE). “What are sustainable methodologies and techniques in cities that faces rapid urbanization in economically growing countries?”