The 4th call for proposals of Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE is devoted to the exploitation of outputs and results being delivered by projects funded by the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme within the first two calls. This call is restricted to 7 thematic areas including Energy efficient renovation of public buildings in cities (energy renovation of historic city centres, nearly zero energy buildings, demand side management, building information modelling, energy management tools, 3D modeling and GIS mapping, energy efficiency strategies and action plans, innovative financing models, deep retrofit of building). The specific objective of this thematic focus is to develop and implement solutions for increasing energy efficiency and renewable energy usage in public infrastructures. This experimental call has an indicative ERDF allocation of 10 million EUR.
The minimum requirements regarding projects to be exploited:
-Topics: Focus on one of the seven pre-selected topic, e.g energy efficient renovation of public buildings in cities.
-Coordination: The project proposal coordinates the exploitation of outputs and results obtained from:
1. at least two projects funded by the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme (cf. excel file with related Interreg-funded projects);
2. at least one thematically relevant project funded by a programme directly-managed by the European Commission.
-Partnership: The partnership must respect the following minimum requirements:
1. at least 50 % of the partnership consists of institutions and bodies that have been involved in the pre-selected Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE projects, whose outputs and results are going to be exploited;
2. at least one partner is included from a project funded by a directly-managed EU programme, who brings in additional project outputs and results that will be exploited by the partnership.
The maximum duration of projects funded within the fourth call is 24 months.
The aim is to enrich, improve and exploit the outputs and results developed and achieved within projects of the first and second call in order to:
- Provide better support to the refurbishment of existing building stock in central European city centres;
- Foster the creation of new and innovative financing models for energy retrofit;
- Improve the overall policy and support framework of the energy retrofit of building sector.
- 5 Interreg CE projects related to this topic were identified. They focus on the public and private building sector, on introducing innovative financing models for deep retrofit of buildings, on the implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures to achieve nearly zero energy buildings by managing the demand side energy management, and on developing methods and tools to facilitate the implementation of energy efficiency strategies and action plans of central European cities.
Deadline for submission: 5th of July.
Source: © Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme