- EPBD requires Member States to define building energy performance requirements... but did the Member States take this opportunity to strengthen their existing legislation?
- Member States are free to define their calculation methods and their requirements... Is it therefore possible to compare requirements across Europe? If yes, are the requirements from one country more severe than those of neighbouring countries?
- EPBD gives a list of aspects to consider in the calculation procedures... Practically, how to effectively handle thermal bridges, stimulate good summer comfort conditions and good building and duct airtightness?
- EPBD should not be a barrier for innovation. Are there legal and technical frameworks to assess the energy performance of new innovative systems not covered by the standard procedures?
- Regulations are only useful if they are respected. How do the Member States organise control and compliance?
The ASIEPI project (01/10/2007 - 31/03/2010) analyses those aspects in participating countries, and will make suggestions for improvements.
In addition to the traditional reports, publications, contributions
to workshops and conferences, ASIEPI will also disseminate its result
through web events and presentations-on-demand. Web events are on-line
workshops that will be broadcasted on internet, with some possibilities
to ask questions to the speakers. Presentations-on-demand are
presentations, including comments, that can be downloaded to be watched
at any moment.