This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 847054
Active managed Buildings with Energy performaNce Contracting
The project aims at extending the concept of Energy Performance Contracting to Active Buildings and making it available and attractive to a wider range of buildings. AmBIENCe will provide new concepts and business models for performance guarantees of Active Buildings, combining savings from energy efficiency measures with additional savings and earnings resulting from the active control of assets leveraging for instance price based incentive contracts (Implicit Demand Response). The willingness to invest in additional sensorisation, ICT an IoT will be increased by offering adjacent other-than- energy services, e.g. related to comfort, security or maintenance.
Thorughout the course of AmBIENCe, we will use the experience of the project’s business and research partners in regional workshops. The workshops will bring together various stakeholders to assess best practices and key take-aways. Based on workshop results, an integrated modular concept will be proposed, then a proof-of-concept platform will be developed to support the creation of active building performance contracts.
Are you interested in improving the energy performance of your buildings? The AmBIENCe project provides the new concept of active buildings energy performance contracting that increases flexibility and enhances building performance.
How it helps
- Adopting an active control of buildings approach uses a building’s inherent flexibility to further reduce energy losses and financial costs while also maximising the use of self-generated renewable energy.
- Unlocks the full potential of your building(s) creating energy savings, cost savings and CO2 emissions reductions
- Provides you full transparency on energy billing, consumption, flexibility and capacity to act as prosumer.
- Providing and improving non-energy services, such as security and comfort.
- Developing a tailor-made approach and including customised energy services through a better understanding consumer behaviour.
- Active Buildings
- Energy Performance Contract (EPC)
- Active Control
- Non-energy related services
- VLAAMSE INSTELLING VOOR TECHNOLOGISCH ONDERZOEK N.V.
- AGENZIA NAZIONALE PER LE NUOVE TECNOLOGIE, L'ENERGIA E LO SVILUPPO ECONOMICO SOSTENIBILE
- ASOCIACION IK4 RESEARCH ALLIANCE
- INESC TEC - INSTITUTO DE ENGENHARIADE SISTEMAS E COMPUTADORES, TECNOLOGIA E CIENCIA
- CNET CENTRE FOR NEW ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES SA
- BUILDINGS PERFORMANCE INSTITUTE EUROPE ASBL
Start date: 1/06/2019 - End date: 30/11/2021