Hotmaps is a GIS-based online software that supports authorities and energy planners to set up a strategic heating and cooling plan for their region. The definite version of the tool is now available at www.hotmaps.eu and tool developers will continue to improve it and add new calculation modules for heating and cooling planning until the end of the project life.
The Hotmaps toolbox allows the user to:
- identify the location of current heating and cooling demand as well as supply on a map for EU28;
- identify renewable energy potential to supply heating and cooling for a selected area;
- identify waste heat potential from industrial facilities within a selected area;
- estimate the potential for efficient district heating options within a selected area;
- estimate and compare the costs of individual heating vs. district heating options within a selected area;
- develop scenarios for decarbonisation pathways of heating and cooling.