As part of the sustainability planning within BIMcert and with other EU BIM projects we have collaborated to form BIMalliance. The primary aim of this is to enable BIMcert to develop an exploitation plan in collaboration with other partners. This collaboration also enables all partners in BIMalliance to share materials, modules and learning material. One example of this is partner ITeC, a member of the Spanish Chapter of BuildingSmart, which have a great activity related to BIM (https://en.itec.cat/services/bim/). They have joined BIMalliance in order to develop their digital library of BIM materials (https://metabase.itec.cat/bim/ca/filter?src=butBim), and their BIM object creation standard (https://ecobject.com/), They with all the other partners share our goals of establishing a common BIM scope in Europe, to develop skills and certification etc.
The four BIM projects BIMcert, BIMplement, Net-UBIEP and BIMEET are collaborating under the title BIMalliance to explore areas of mutual opportunity and to minimise the energy footprint in construction.
Key areas of BIM ALLIANCE
- Energy targets, energy savings – Energy week presentation
- Dissemination and communication
- Accreditation and certification - utilise databases
- Future Collaborative opportunities
1. Energy targets, energy savings : To determine the position of BIM in European Energy and Climate Roadmaps beyond 2020; to explore fields of coordination and support actions, research and innovation, as well as potential funding sources for the activities,
2. Dissemination and communication: Establishing a common communication and collaboration platform of the 4 projects (e.g., linking their web pages; sharing information about the Alliance common work, organisation of joint events, etc.), in order to provide better informing and multiple use of individual projects' stakeholders and followers.
3. Accreditation and certification: To initiate a common pan-European recognized certification scheme of BIM and EE skills in AEC industry.
4. Exploitation of results: To prepare and distribute a survey via the common platform / united web pages / for assessment of the progress on BIM maturity and acceptance, as a result of the activities of the 4 projects; to develop a common report with guidelines for future actions.
5. Future Collaboration between all BIM project partners.
How BIMALLIANCE will work
Minimising the carbon footprint of energy use in construction. Stimulating the demand for energy skills.
BIM can assist EU construction to be more green, energy efficient and to attain better skills. Net-UBIEP Project Coordinator Anna Moreno, said: “BIM is based on collaboration. We need to share and integrate our knowledge to reach a better life. This is the main objective of our BIM alliance. Partners of different projects dealing about the use of Building Information Modelling to improve energy performance of buildings, decided to share their achievements and go together for the exploitation phase. Welcome to our 50 partners of 20 European countries who decided to join into the BIM alliance for a common exploitation!! “
BIMalliance seeks to continue the work started by the BUILD UP Skills (BUS) initiative that started in 2011. BIM is the first truly global digital construction technology and is going to be deployed in every country in the world. It is a ‘game changer’ and we need to recognize that it is here to stay. BIMalliance will act at market level, further develop road maps, and qualification frameworks and stimulate the demand for energy skills across the entire construction supply chain.
BIMalliance seeks to stimulate the role BIM plays within digitalization of the building sector. The group recognize that without the integration of BIM into the primary processes of the industry and the public sector, the uptake of energy skills will be slower and less effective.
For further information please contact Paul Mc Cormack, BIMcert Programme Manager, Belfast Met, E3 Building, 398 Springfield Road, Belfast, BT12 7DU. e mail firstname.lastname@example.org ,Telephone: 02890 265076