The EBC Building Energy Codes Working Group (BECWG) is hosting a webinar on operational and construction issues related to energy use in buildings during the COVID-19 crisis. Presenters will discuss the safe operation of buildings and strategies to maintain healthy indoor air quality (IAQ), including guidance from ASHRAE and REHVA, as well as broader issues facing the design and construction industry, such as compliance checking and leveraging opportunities for virtual assessments. The webinar will be held in collaboration with the EBC Executive Committee and all EBC members are encouraged to attend.
- 12:00 | Welcome and Introduction | David Nemtzow, U.S. Department of Energy Takao Sawachi, Building Research Institute, Japan
- 12:10 | Infectious Aerosols and Impact of COVID-19 on HVAC Systems | William Bahnfleth, Chair, ASHRAE Epidemic Task Force
- 12:25 | Building Operations to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 | Jarek Kurnitski, Chair, REHVA Technology & Research Committee (invited)
- 12:40 | Global Perspectives: COVID-19 Challenges, Response, and Impact on Industry | Paul Ruyssevelt, University College London Jeremy Williams, U.S. Department of Energy
- 13:00 | Open Discussion | Moderator: Meredydd Evans, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 13:25 | Close | David Nemtzow
For further information please download the flyer.