Get ready for the launch of the European Green Deal call in September! What is in store for the area of energy efficiency?
The Green Deal call aims to support with €1 billion research and innovation projects on its main priorities. The call is structured in eight thematic areas reflecting the key work streams of the European Green Deal and three horizontal areas on strengthening knowledge; empowering citizens; and international cooperation.
Call area 4: Energy and resource-efficient buildings has the aim to support the design and construction of new or retrofitting of existing buildings as zero-emission/zero-pollution, positive energy powerhouses within sustainable green neighbourhoods.
Thus, proposals are invited under its topic Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way.
Proposals are expected to deliver large-scale, real-life demonstrations of promising technology and social innovations based on:
- Scalability design of green, positive energy neighbourhoods;
- Energy and resource efficient industrial construction/renovation workflows;
- Sustainable and highly energy-efficient building designs;
- Innovative and more energy efficient RES electricity generation;
- Optimised energy storage systems;
- Highly energy-efficient building operation at reduced maintenance costs;
- Citizen awareness raising;
- Coordination on standards and regulatory aspects for efficiency of buildings.
Please note that the individual topics per area are still provisional.
The final version will be published mid-September with a deadline to submit proposals by end of January 2021.
Find out more information and updates on the official webpage and get ready to apply!
22-24 September 2020
Original source here.