This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 953157.
Concept and objectives:
MEZeroE is an EU distributed open innovation ecosystem for:
- developing nZEB Enabler Envelope technology solutions
- transferring knowledge
- matching testing needs with existing facilities
- providing monitoring in living labs and
- standardizing cutting-edge solutions coming from SMEs and larger industries, to foster inclusive change in the building sector, being accessible via a single-entry point to all users.
MEZeroE allows the development of ground-based solutions focused on carbon neutrality and healthy indoor environment, validated with advanced assessment methods and services, recognized protocols and long-term vision to embrace industry 4.0 trends, rapid decision making and customer-centric requirements.
MEZeroE accompanies enterprises in adopting the open innovation approach comprising discovery (phase 1), empowering (phase 2), and exploiting (phase 3).
MEZeroE will be accessed via a single-entry point web-based multi-side virtual marketplace, including 9 Pilot Measurement & Verification Lines (PM&VL) and 3 Open Innovation Services (OIS) covering training, business model development, systematic IP and knowledge management. MEzeroE will fast-track prototypes to the market as fully characterized products.
MEZeroE virtual marketplace provides structured knowledge to different stakeholders with a pragmatic and well-grounded mid to long-term ambition of developing and consolidating a trusted expertise network, to be active and self-sustaining well beyond the project timeline.
Based on synergies among partners, existing channels and a dedicated marketing strategy MEZeroE will exploit 3 revenue lines to ensure a 4x leverage factor vs. EU contribution.
These revenue streams include:
- memberships (benefit of web-based platform manager)
- consultancy for innovation and IPR protection (benefit of OIS developers)
- incremental revenues of industrial partners (benefit of users) thanks to product transferred to market.
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO
- ACONDICIONAMIENTO TARRASENSE ASSOCIACION
- UNIVERSITAET INNSBRUCK
- ZAVOD ZA GRADBENISTVO SLOVENIJE
- POLITECHNIKA KRAKOWSKA
- INSTITUT DE TECNOLOGIA DE LA CONSTRUCCION DE CATALUNYA
Start date: 1 January 2021 - End date: 31 January 2026