none

The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.

Built in 2019, the Eisbärhaus was designed as a passive building comprising two units. Building materials were selected according to guidelines provided by the Austrian environmental association Umweltverband Vorarlberger Gemeindehaus. All exterior walls consist of wooden timbers treated with cellulose to provide thermal insulation (layer thickness: 42cm).  
Post date: 5 Feb 2020
Type: Caso

The Aktiv-Stadthaus in Frankfurt am Main is the first large apartment building in a city to be built according to the Efficiency House Plus standard. The first residents moved in during the summer of 2015. The aim of its innovative energy concept is to generate more renewable energy over the space of a year than is used by the building itself.  
Post date: 28 Gen 2020
Type: Caso

This house is located in Schnersheim, a village of 750 inhabitants, 20 km away of the head of the Alsace Region, Strasbourg. The house is a former farm and is constructed on a light slope. The basement and two walls giving to the national road are in rubbles of sandstone and limestone. The storeys are timber-framed, filled with cob or hand-made bricks produced on site. It has a heated area of 350 m² on two storeys. The basement and the attic are not heated.
Post date: 21 Gen 2020
Type: Caso

The Osram Building was originally built in 1953 as an office and warehouse for A/S Dansk Osram, i.e. a lightbulb manufacturer. The building was the first prefabricated building in Copenhagen, and it was built in shock concrete or shavings, as it is also called. The construction method was developed in Holland, and in involves includes powerfully shaking the concrete. The elements hereby get a very close and uniform structure.
Post date: 16 Gen 2020
Type: Caso

The building is a symmetrical structure with two wings, which frame the forecourt of the Lazaristenkirche. The north wing was the subject of renovation. It dates from the late "Gründerzeit" period of 1884-1918, was built in 1904 and designed by architect Cajetan Miserowsky. The renovated building is located on the north side and has a predominantly south-facing orientation of the habitable rooms. The north side to the adjacent Sophienspital is a closed firewall. The narrow side to the west faces the private garden.  
Post date: 16 Gen 2020
Type: Caso

DOKVAST developed a sustainable and high-quality distribution centre for Rhenus Contract Logistics at the industrial area Het Laar in Tilburg. The distribution centre, named “The Tube”, consists of three linked compartments with mezzanine floors at two levels that are suitable for Value Added Services (VAS) and/or (future) expansion of the office.   With an overall score of 99.4% on all individual sustainability categories New Logic III delivers an exceptionally high performance.  
Post date: 15 Gen 2020
Type: Caso

The renovation of the Mayrhof in Trins combines several best-practice solutions in one project. In particular, the use of a newly developed façade system and an extension using a house-in-house concept allow architectural and building physics aspects to harmonise with each other. During intervention the most important things always kept in mind were the external appearance and the woodwork in the stube. The very individual shape of the external walls made much work on details necessary. The external wall paintings refers to the buildings history.  
Post date: 19 Dic 2019
Type: Caso

The Campus Humanitas University is a new international university of medicine, located near the renowned Humanitas Research Hospital Hospital in Rozzano, near Milan.   The project involves the creation of a new university infrastructure serving about 1000 students. The campus, surrounded by a large park, takes full advantage of its location through a masterplan based on pedestrian paths, offering a harmonious relationship with the surrounding green, with no natural continuity solutions.
Post date: 19 Dic 2019
Type: Caso

Villa Castelli is a listed building from the 19th century located at the riverside of Lake Como (Italy). The owners set the ambitious goal of renovating the Villa, which had belonged to the family for about 140 years, to the lowest possible energy demand while maintaining the original use of the rooms and the external appearance. The renovation achieved a 90% energy demand reduction and a significant increase in comfort, demonstrating that also a listed building can become nZEB.  
Post date: 18 Dic 2019
Type: Caso

This project was the refurbishment of an early 19th C croft house. 3-bay, single-storey and attic, rectangular-plan crofting cottage situated on high ground overlooking Braemar village in the Cairngorms National Park. Rubble with lime render and pointing. Corrugated-iron roof covering heather thatch.   NORTH ELEVATION: Timber lean-to porch to centre, breaking eaves with timber door to left side; windows flanking. Smaller single windows to S and W elevations.  
Post date: 18 Dic 2019
Type: Caso