This handbook, released by the EuroPHit project is intended to provide knowledge about and awareness of the special challenges of step-by-step retrofits with Passive House components.
- The EuroPHit project.
- Step-by-step retrofitting according to plan.
- Peculiarities of stepwise retrofit.
- The EnerPHit-Standard.
- The Retrofit Plan.
- The Passive House Planning Package (PHPP).
- Certified Passive House components.
- Economic efficiency.
- Minimal monitoring.
Building envelope – General Principles
- Thermal bridges.
- Minimal requirements for thermal comfort and prevention of mould.
Building envelope - Connections in detail
- Wall insulation on the outside.
- Exterior wall with interior insulation.
- Windows and doors.
- Insulation of a pitched roof.
- Insulation of the top floor ceiling.
- Flat roof insulation.
- Insulation of the basement ceiling and floor slab.
- New balconies and conservatories.
- Heating and Domestic Hot Water (DHW) systems.
- Cooling and dehumidification.
- Active utilisation of solar energy.
- The EuroPHit observer project “Sonnenstrasse”.
For further information please visit the relevant EuroPHit webpage at the link below.