This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 818009.
BE-Smart: Innovative Building Envelope for Sustainable, Modular, Aesthetic, Reliable and efficient construction
Integrating solar panels into building façades and roofs enable the substitution of traditional building materials with high quality architectural designs contributing to reduce CO2 emissions.
The project is expected to contribute to the implementation of Zero-Energy Building policies. Achieving a substantial reduction to BIPV costs in the building sector provides an opportunity for the European industry to differentiate its products from standardised or otherwise, low value PV modules. It is necessary for EU manufacturers to develop Energy Positive Glazing in providing premium value solutions to the construction sector and to enable Nearly Zero-Energy Buildings.
The Be-Smart project is pursuing the following objectives:
- Be-smart will support Eu industrialisation
- Be-smart will demonstrate cost reduction
- Be-smart will propose new roadmaps
- Be-smart will position BIPV as a construction material
- Be-smart will substantiate the results of the project
Benefits for buildings:
Building upon the benefits of EPoG standardisation, the Be-Smart project aims to shine the lights on PV integration into the design of new and existing buildings. By offering substitutes to traditional building materials and performance-enhanced design features, EPoG technology not only offers competitive manufacturing conditions, but an additional and significant ROI through the generation and storage of clean electrical energy once a building is in operation. Through its environmental and economic benefits, as well as its aesthetic flexibility, Be-Smart aims to demonstrate EPoG’s innate appeal to progressive societies in transforming their buildings into more efficient spaces with improved services for its citizens, and a greener carbon footprint.
- ISSOL SA
- INSTITUTT FOR ENERGITEKNIKK
- IMMOROC SA
- SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONS EUROPE SL
- AIT AUSTRIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GMBH
- PADANAPLAST SRL
- COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES
- SAINT-GOBAIN SEKURIT DEUTSCHLAND GMBH & CO KG
- SOLAXESS SA
- CSEM CENTRE SUISSE D'ELECTRONIQUE ET DE MICROTECHNIQUE SA - RECHERCHE ET DEVELOPPEMENT
- WHITE ARKITEKTER AKTIEBOLAG
- OSLO KOMMUNE
- ASSOCIATION COMPAZ
- L - UP SAS
Start date: 1/10/2018 - End date: 30/09/2022