This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.871284
Self-sufficient humidity to electricity Innovative Radiant Adsorption System Toward Net Zero Energy Buildings
European technology and creativity for net-zero buildings
Amid rising energy prices, energy independence, and the impact of climate change, buildings are the primary consumers of energy. This underscores the importance net-zero buildings that produce as much energy as it uses over the course of a year. The EU-funded SSHARE project aims to develop innovative envelopes for buildings aimed at net zero energy, contributing significantly to European technology and creativity. Envelope is a combination of two technologies that cool or heat the building depending on the time of year using only atmospheric humidity as both thermal and electric energy supply.
The SSHARE project will develop innovative self-sufficient envelope for buildings aimed at net zero energy, thereby contributing to the European technology and creativity through joint R&D and R&I multisectoral and international cooperation activities supported by knowledge sharing. Envelope is a combination of two breaking through technologies HUNTER-Humidity to Electricity Convertor and Advanced Radiant Panel for Buildings that will cool or heat the building depending on the time of year imitating perspiration of living beings using only atmospheric humidity as both thermal and electric energy supply.
Successful realization of the project is assured by implementing a coordinated network of knowledge sharing in materials science, chemistry and mechanical engineering; by solidifying the state-of-the-art understanding in nanoelectronics and energy efficiency, and by applying bottom-up nanoengineering approaches via an international and inter-sector collaboration of highly qualified researchers from Portugal, Spain, Ukraine, Belarus, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and intergovernmental organization Joint Institute for Nuclear Research Russian Federation. Both technological (panels fabrication) and fundamental (renewable energy) issues will be assessed by this multidisciplinary consortium.
The successful realization of the project will lead to substantiated principles for the development of a new generation of building materials and hence to the creation of net zero building. Within the SSHARE project, the consortium will implement research/innovation activities by means of secondments and organizing training courses, workshops and summer schools aimed at sharing knowledge, acquiring new skills and developing the careers of the consortium members. Sharing the culture of research and innovation, the SSHARE project will allow applying recent advancements in nanotechnology science and mechanical engineering to address ""Plus Energy Houses"" EU 2050 concept.
- NANOTECHCENTER LLC
- NOVA ID FCT - ASSOCIACAO PARA A INOVACAO E DESENVOLVIMENTO DA FCT
- UNIVERSITAT DE LES ILLES BALEARS
- V.E. LASHKARYOV INSTITUTE OF SEMICONDUCTOR PHYSICS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE OF UKRAINE
- Blueorizon - Projectos de Engenharia, Unipessoal, Lda
- DONETSK INSTITUTE FOR PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING NAMED AFTER O.O. GALKIN OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCESS OF UKRAINE
- COFAC COOPERATIVA DE FORMACAO E ANIMACAO CULTURAL CRL
- JOINT INSTITUTE FOR NUCLEAR RESEARCH
- BELARUSIAN STATE UNIVERSITY
- NATIONAL NUCLEAR RESEARCH CENTER CJSC UNDER MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT, COMMUNICATIONS AND HIGH TECHNOLOGIES OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
- TAJIK TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY NAMED AFTER ACADEMICIAN M OSIMI
- ION-PLAZMA VA LAZER TEXNOLOGIYALARI INSTITUTI - INSTITUTE OF ION-PLASMA AND LASER TECHNOLOGIES OF UZBEKISTAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES IP<
Start date: 1/11/2019 - End date: 31/10/2023