What the call aims to do, how it is structured, how you can get involved, timeline, background and contact
What the call aims to do
The Green Deal call will mobilise research and innovation to foster a just and sustainable societal transition aiming at ‘leaving nobody behind’. Projects are expected to deliver tangible and visible results relatively quickly and show how research and innovation can provide concrete solutions for the Green Deal main priorities.
This is why the call will support:
- pilot applications, demonstration projects and innovative products
- innovation for better governance of the green and digital transition
- social and value chain innovation
How is the call structured
The Green Deal call is composed of 11 areas:
- eight thematic areas reflect the eight key work streams of the European Green Deal. In each area, one or more topics addresses the challenges outlined in the respective European Green Deal stream. Topics target specific, high-impact technological and societal innovations that can help advance the sustainable transition relatively quickly.
- three horizontal areas (strengthening knowledge; empowering citizens; and international cooperation) that cut across the eight thematic areas and offer a longer-term perspective in achieving the transformations set out in the European Green Deal.
How can I get involved?
The stakeholder feedback closed on 3 June at 18:00. We thank you for more than 5000 responses received to the survey questions and the many high quality comments.
We will upload summary results in the coming days and updates to the topics’ text as they develop.
- Call area 1: Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges
- Call area 2: Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Call area 3: Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Call area 4: Energy and resource-efficient buildings
- Call area 5: Sustainable and smart mobility
- Call area 6: Farm to Fork
- Call area 7: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Call area 8: Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
- Call area 9: Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- Call area 10: Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- Call area 11: Accelerating the clean energy transition and access in partnership with Africa
Original source here.