The following new rules on energy apply in Germany starting from 1 January 2017 and onwards:
- Funding for renewables determined by competitive auctions;
- Combined heat and power generation to be further expanded;
- Chimney sweeps to issue a new label for heating systems;
- The energy efficiency label for TVs is revised based on improved energy efficiency;
- Range hoods to become more efficient;
- Metal-halide and mercury-vapour lamps banned.
Further information can be found at the links provided below.