To limit global warming to below 1.5˚C, net global anthropogenic carbon emissions must reach net zero by around 2040. This task in isolation is both daunting and challenging. However, broader concerns burden national responses to this crisis due to fears of supply disruption, economic instability and the need for greater energy security. In the face of multiple challenges planning for resilience has become an increasingly important global theme.
The conference titled “Building Energy Resilience: 6th Annual LoLo Conference for Early Career Researchers” is being facilitated by the London-Loughborough (LoLo) EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Demand, and it is held at Loughborough University on the 11th June 2019. The conference is aimed towards Master and PhD students and early career researchers and a Call for Abstracts is currently open with the submission deadline for the 250-word abstracts set for 26th April 2019. The conference seeks students and researchers with areas of research or expertise similar to:
- Energy resilience – balancing energy supply and demand in a changing world
- Energy networks and system management – getting it all to work in harmony
- Energy policy and planning implications for energy infrastructure and the built environment
- Renewable energy supply and demand-side strategies in the built environment
- Energy storage – innovative ways of balancing a dynamic grid
- Infrastructure and energy resilience in the face of climate change and extreme events
- Grassroots energy innovations: the role of community ownership and investment
- Smart grids, smart data, smart prosumers – maximizing opportunities
Students and early career researchers with research or expertise in these areas are encouraged to submit an abstract, with the intention of either presenting their research at the conference and/or to be included in the poster exhibit. Abstracts are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The conference is free to attend and there are a number of travel bursaries available.
To attend this conference book a place at 2019 LoLo Conference on Eventbrite.
Mrs. Lisa Scott, LoLo CDT administrator: email@example.com