This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 847049.
Heating Appliances Retrofit Planning
HARP stands for Heating Appliances Retrofit Planning. It is a project funded by the European Union through the Horizon 2020 framework, focusing on 5 EU Member States: Portugal, Spain, France, Italy and Germany.
The main idea behind the project is to motivate individuals to plan the replacement of their often outdated and fossil-fuel operated heating appliances, with more efficient alternatives. Among the 126 million boilers installed in the EU, a staggering 60% are inefficient (performing as a C or lower energy class) but individuals are rarely aware of the inefficiency of their heating systems and associated costs.
Through an application the HARP project will enable individuals to get an indication of the labelling classification of their heating system. The application will also provide an estimation of the costs associated with their heating system, related to, for instance, energy consumption or maintenance. The application will also give an overview of the most efficient alternatives available on the market, along with a list of their benefits, such as energy and costs savings, reduction of CO2 emissions, improvement of indoor air quality or noise reduction. Finally, HARP will list the incentives and financial support available at the national level to replace inefficient heating appliances with a more efficient alternative. The application will be available in two different versions, a basic one for consumers, and an advanced one dedicated to professionals who, in turn, will be coached to provide a more detailed guidance to consumers regarding the replacement solutions tailored to their needs.
Have a look at their leaflet.
- ADENE - Agência para Energia (Project Coordinator)
- R2m Solution Spain Sl
- European Environmental Citizens Organisation For Standardisation
- Universidade do Minho
- Anima - Federazione Delle Associazioni Nazionali Dell'industrustria Meccanica Varia Ed Affine
- European Solar Thermal Industry Federation
- Association of the European Heating Industry
- Accademia Europea Di Bolzano
- Agenzia Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, L'energia e lo Sviluppo Economico Sostenibile
- Deutsche Energie-Agentur Gmbh
- Creara Consultores SL
- Trenknerbrechlin Uwe
- Deco -Associacao Portuguesa Para Adefesa Do Consumidor
- Universidade Nova De Lisboa
- Energies Et Avenir
- Organización de Consumidores y Usuarios-Asociación
- Energies 2050
Start date: 1/05/2019 - End date: 31/07/2022